Hi there. My name is Jacob (formerly Jenna) McWilliams. I’m a postdoctoral research associate in the Learning Sciences program at the University of Colorado Boulder. My research focuses on issues of gender and sexual diversity in education, and my recent work involves developing queer pedagogies for supporting new media literacies practices in the elementary classroom and, most recently, drawing on queer and transgender theory for understanding the dominant discourses of engineering education and how those discourses marginalize and exclude people from traditionally vulnerable gender, sexual, and ethnic groups.
Wanna hire me? Here’s my cv, teaching philosophy, and research statement.
You’ll find teaching resources, including recent syllabi I’ve designed, here.
Other things I’ve done for a living include:
- blogger [the guardian]
- curriculum specialist [project new media literacies]
- outreach coordinator [project new media literacies]
- billing coordinator [vca south shore animal hospital]
- receptionist [vca south shore animal hospital]
- adjunct instructor (composition, literature, creative writing, business communications) [suffolk university, bridgewater state college, newbury college]
- groundskeeper [city of fort collins, colorado]
- graduate research assistant (composition, creative writing)[colorado state university]
- writing tutor [colorado state university writing center]
- administrative assistant [colorado poet laureate]
- telephone operator [quest diagnostics]
- reporter (sports, education, local politics)[holly herald, fenton independent, spinal column newsweekly]
- assistant director local nonprofit [public interest research group in michigan]
- groundskeeper [city of grand rapids, michigan]
- used book purchaser and seller [barnes & noble]
- cashier [meijer, inc.]
- receptionist [dean of students office, grand valley state university]
- fast food employee (4 hours) [mcdonald’s]
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/jennamcjenna